Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting the New Year

Happy New Year, folks! I managed to stay up until midnight last night and go to work at 5:00 AM this morning. It's nothing I haven't done before, but I was very glad to be assigned the ribbon and paint aisles at Michaels today. It's much easier to stay awake when you're doing a task that you enjoy.

We also made these today:


The idea is to put our names on them and hang them up by the registers. We had to make them today because the gingerbread people we made a few months ago are no longer in season.


I like having a camera on my phone now. :)

The icing on the cake was that we had virtually no customers this morning. My guess is that no one knows we're open on New Years, so they didn't even bother coming. I think I saw one guy wander in and out, and that was it. A possible sign of better things to come this year? Why not!

In other news, I e-mailed a copy of my manuscript to one of my cousins on my father's side. She proofread one of her brothers' dissertations, so I figured she'd give an insightful critique. She also does a lot of traveling through work, so she'd probably like something long to read on the plane.

Last but not least, we visited my father's side of the family for New Year's dinner tonight. I asked one of my uncles if his company has any plans to hire in the near future, but he said that they generally don't like to hire at all. He'll look into it anyway.

In the meantime, I've got more Kindle checks to look forward to. I already sold a copy of A Very Slagel Christmas today. Now THAT'S a sign of better things to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment