Friday, November 23, 2012


And here I thought I was joking about the turkeys going into hiding for the holidays. The picture says it all, folks. A grand total of thirteen turkeys came flocking to our yard the day after Thanksgiving to eat all of the bread crumbs my mother threw out there yesterday. My theory is that they're fattening up now to go back into hiding for the Christmas season.

You see, President Obama? This is how the turkeys of our nation have to live when you only pardon two of them a year!

Working today wasn't as bad as I was expecting it to be. Michaels probably lucked out since not many Black Friday shoppers are in a frenzy to buy art supplies. The real treat today was that, for some reason, no inventory truck came this morning. We just shelved all of the items that came in on Wednesday. There's been word going around the store that we're not getting anymore holiday items, so maybe we'll go back to getting one truck a week. I guess that was our Christmas present from the upper management.

I also went to see the movie Lincoln this afternoon. Again, I'll need some time to think before I can properly analyze it. The film was enjoyable overall, but I think you'd need to be a huge American history buff to fully appreciate it, and to be honest, I'm not.

It's probably not one I'll watch again, but I'll still give this movie an "A" just because it does have a lot of very effective surprise moments and it shows a very funny, human side of the sixteenth president that history books tend to ignore.

No comments:

Post a Comment