Saturday, November 3, 2012

Halloween Part II



This was our postponed trick-or-treat night in Bethel Park. There really aren't any kids on our street anymore, so the number of trick-or-treaters on our street has been on the decline for several years. At best, we get seven kids, and they're usually too young to even know what my costume is.

This year was a different one from most. We got 11 trick-or-treaters, and they were all teenagers. And I don't mean 13-year-olds either. We had all 16- and 17-year-olds coming to our house asking for candy.

...

Honestly, I don't know what to think of that. I certainly did my share of off-the-wall things when I was in high school (I'll save those stories for other posts) but there just seems to be something a little...I don't know...off about people that age trick-or-treating. Maybe it's just the fact that 11 people that age in three separate groups did it. Is this becoming a trend now? Is it hip to go around collecting free candy instead of going to parties on Halloween? I guess there's really nothing to object to, since it's always better to get stuff for free. To each his own, I guess.

Anyway, we gave out two pieces of candy and a bag of chips to each person. That's usually what we do, except for last year. We were a little low on our giveaways for one reason or another, and I didn't want to look like I was intentionally short-changing the trick-or-treaters, so I asked each one if they preferred Elvis or the Beatles. The Elvis fans got one less piece than the Beatles fans.

So not much other news on Halloween Part II. My second midnight shift in a row at Michaels went fine, more or less, and another copy of "Deer Lake" sold this week. I don't have to work until 5:00 AM tomorrow, and since we're getting an extra hour from Daylight Savings tonight, I think I can afford to go to karaoke.

Adios!



No comments:

Post a Comment