Friday, November 16, 2012


I went to karaoke at Duke's Station this past Wednesday night. I used to go there two or three times a week, but thanks to my early morning work schedule, I've had to cut back lately. It's almost funny, because the one day that I thought I'd be able to go last week was the day I ended up getting Pink Eye. Someone upstairs must have a real problem with me singing CCR songs in a bar.

Anyway, my friend Jackie's son Drew was DJ'ing at Duke's on Wednesday. His wife Jo and few more friends were there too, along with maybe ten other people. This was one of the smallest rotations I've ever seen at karaoke. Every twenty minutes, it was my turn to sing again. I couldn't come up with songs to do fast enough! Why can't every night be like that? :)

There was also some  slideshow of random music facts showing on the TV behind the bar that night. Apparently, two members of the band Matchbox Twenty are nicknamed "Hashbrown" and "Pookie." I just felt the need to share that because I like Matchbox Twenty.

On the writing front, I just finished editing Chapter 38 out of 41 in my novel. I think I'm going to hold off on publishing it once the editing's finished though, because I'd like to be pretty far along in the sequel by the time this book gets released. The second book is supposed to pick up right where this one leaves off, so I'd like the installments to come out as close to each other as possible. In the meantime, I've got plenty of older works that may be Kindle-ready.

Gotta go. I've got to get up at 4:00 AM for work tomorrow and I want to at least get started editing Chapter 39.

Rock on!

No comments:

Post a Comment