Sunday, December 23, 2012

Catching Up

It's been a few days since my last post. Things are kind of slow for me right now, so I figured I might as well wait until I had enough things to say before I made another blog entry.

First off, I was going to see The Hobbit again last night with a friend from high school, but we had to reschedule for Friday the 28th. I'm fine with that, since my 2012 Carmike popcorn bucket and a theater coupon I found will still be good until the end of the month. I should also be getting my next Michaels paycheck AND my first Kindle payment on the 28th, so those will come in handy too.

Speaking of Michaels, this was my last work day before Christmas. It was also the day that I got my Christmas bonus:


It's a candy bar. 100% real chocolate. I give it until noon tomorrow to last me.

I go back to work on December 26th, which is also the day when my cousins from Erie should finally be coming down to visit us. I can't even remember the last time our families got together; Thanksgiving didn't work out for us this year, and we didn't even get to see each other all summer. Come to think of it, we might not have seen each other since last Christmas. At least this way my cousin Holly and I will definitely have some stories to tell each other.

There still isn't much to report on the writing front. I'm 2/3 of the way through editing my next novel, and I'm hoping to be done with it by January. After that, I'll give copies of the manuscript to a few friends and relatives to test it out. In the meantime, it'll be on to Part II in the series for me.

And last but not least, we all survived the apocalypse on December 21st. Hooray! The movie 2012 is obsolete now! I don't know what I'm gonna do with all that spam I bought, though.

So that's all the news from the past few days. I might venture to Duke's Station tonight since I haven't been to karaoke for a while. We'll see how much editing I get done first.


No comments:

Post a Comment