Thursday, December 20, 2012

K. Ru. on Skype



Well, I'm one step closer to catching up with the modern world!

I've been e-mailing my college friend back and forth about his script for the last few days, but I find it difficult to carry a productive conversation that way. Since a few of my friends have recommended Skype to me lately, I finally decided to set up an account. My mother set up an account too just so we try a test call. That went off without a hitch, so it looks like I'm set to go.

The only difficulty I've run into so far is finding friends on Skype. You can type in their names and get results, but sometimes you get multiple results for the same name and most will either have to profile picture or a picture of something other than the user. It's the same problem I have when trying to find people on Facebook. The big difference is that Facebook is pretty universal, so more likely than not, the person you're looking for will be of the results that comes up. When you do a cold search for someone on Skype, you don't even know if they have an account there at all. Guess I'll just have to ask around.

I also got an invoice from Kindle the other day. I should be receiving my first royalty payment by the end of this month! It won't be for much, but it's a start, and it'll be the first time I've received direct payment for any of my books. It that doesn't motivate you to write more, then I don't know what does!

I wonder how effective Skype is for networking...

No comments:

Post a Comment