Thursday, December 13, 2012

Working and Writing

I was supposed to be off today, but I got a call yesterday asking me to come in to Michaels this morning and straighten up the ribbon and paint aisles. Those seem to be my niche areas now, so that's a really good sign. Getting paid for five and a half more hours this week was also very nice.

In other news, I went back to that company that I visited on Monday. I never got a phone call saying whether or not I'd been chosen to return for a personal interview, so I figured asking them face-to-face was the surest way to hear their decision. Turns out that they passed on my resume. I kind of figured that was the case, but at least now I know. Luckily, I'm still in the running for another job in Cranberry.

On the writing front, one of my college buddies contacted me the other day asking for help on a documentary screenplay that he's writing. He sent me some footage and basic info about the film, and he's trying to finish a rough draft of the script to send to me next. On top of that, Deer Lake, Love Hurts, and A Very Slagel Christmas have each sold a copy this week. It's pretty exciting stuff!

I've also resumed editing my other novel. With any luck, I'll be done by the end of this month and will start outlining and writing the sequel in January.

That's all the news for today. I'm working another midnight shift, so I'm trying to staying awake by editing and watching "Whose Line Is It Anyway?" Netflix is great.


No comments:

Post a Comment